This post has already been read 1054 times!
Problems with your diesel engine’s fuel injection system? Members of the South African Diesel Fuel Injection Association (SADFIA) are the specialists to call
The diesel fuel injection industry in South Africa is a small, highly specialised sector of the motor industry whose main function is to repair and service fuel injection systems fitted to diesel engines which power not only passenger vehicles, trucks and earth movers, but also generators and other fixed equipment.
SADFIA has played a key role in the establishment of high standards of workmanship in the industry and was the motivating force behind the formulation of SABS Code 0166 for the reconditioning of diesel fuel pumps.
Members operate fully-equipped pump rooms which are aimed at providing cost-effective service solutions. Generally, technicians are well-trained in both German and Japanese fuel injection equipment which enables the pump rooms to diagnose problems or render repairs or services on most systems.
Clients are usually offered on- or off-site troubleshooting and, depending on the make and model of the diesel engine’s fuel injection system, highly specialised on-board diagnostic tools are used to determine faults.
Members of SADFIA participate in an inter-industry warranty system regarding repair work and they subscribe to a Code of Ethics and repair classification system which governs warranties. Accredited membership of SADFIA allows proprietors to display the RMI’s Code of Conduct through which the association undertakes to provide products and services at a reasonable price, and to honour both the letter and spirit of any guarantees which accompany the sale of those products or services.
SADFIA fulfils its myriad roles by offering a variety of products and services. These include:
- Communicating effectively with national and provincial government authorities, and the SABS, on matters that impact the activities of member businesses;
- Networking with local and overseas bodies various on issues with a view to improving conditions and efficiencies in the local market;
- Interacting with fellow diesel fuel injection workshop entrepreneurs through regular meetings;
- Arranging national inter-associational conventions for purposes of member networking and product/service education;
- Driving the development of engine management and fuel systems mechanics and technicians via training and skills programmes;
- Through the RMI, negotiating wage and substantive issues with trade unions;
- Offering access to members to medical aid and retirement funding.
The association is administered by a National Executive Committee which is served by Regional Executive Committees, an Associational Director, Regional Managers and the RMI’s CEO and support staff.
Through its various committees, director and network of regional and branch offices, SADFIA seeks to:
- Render quality services and benefits to all members;
- Recognise and affirm the right of the customer to courteous, prompt and honest dealings at fair and reasonable prices;
- Provide dynamic input regarding training of the current and future manpower needs within the diesel fuel injection industry;
- Ensure high standards of ethics through the accreditation of member businesses.
Dedicated SADFIA website
The introduction of the SADFIA website (www.sadfia.org) was made possible through the kind assistance of Robert Bosch South Africa and the Midas Group. The site is aimed at increasing the association’s value proposition to members. The dedicated, interactive portal allows paid-up members to:
- Communicate with other members and suppliers and source parts and information;
- Advertise obsolete parts and specialised services;
- Access a monthly newsletter;
- View supplier specials and technical information;
- Share and request technical, repair and related industry information.
SADFIA is fully committed to the RMI’s vision and also concurs with the overview of the
Organisation. The association’s mission is to maintain stability and integrity in the diesel fuel injection industry, ensuring that its members provide excellent service carried out by qualified technicians at a fair and reasonable price.
RMI Business Solutions
RMI Business Solutions was established in 2013 as a commercial extension of the Retail Motor Industry Organisation, collectively representing trade- and business products tailor-made for businesses in the motor industry. The products are promoted and sold through a network of approved agents who bear the approval of the RMI and the Financial Services Board.
SADFIA members who have an interest in being introduced to the product offering can contact the RMI on 011 886 6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information on what SADFIA can offer you, please contact the association’s director, Louis van Huyssteen, at (tel) 051 430 3294, (fax) 051 430 4363 or e-mail email@example.com. The RMI’s website can be accessed at www.rmi.org.za, and SADFIA’s website at www.sadfia.org.