This post has already been read 1403 times!
Towards the end of 2013 members of the SA Diesel Fuel Injection Association under the umbrella of the RMI expressed a need for a dedicated SADFIA website.
Two of the major suppliers to SADFIA members, Robert Bosch SA and the Midas Group, now known as AAAS, made financial contributions towards the development of the website. The website was developed by Dave Friedmann of The Bigger Pixel and it is hosted at www.sadfia.org
The website has been set-up to provide a Full Members Area; Bulk Mailing System; Members Private Messaging System; News / Blog Module; Notification of stock items for sale. Automated e-mails are sent to all members when news articles are added or when supplier items are added.
The website, for this highly specialised sector in the automotive aftermarket, now has 226 registered users with interaction and engagement amongst members and users taking place on a daily basis. SADFIA is gaining the trust of suppliers and the membership appreciates the uploading and communication of special offers and technical information.
This dedicated member portal on the SADFIA website allows paid-up members to:
- Communicate with other members and suppliers and source parts and information;
- Advertise obsolete parts and specialised services to fellow members;
- Access frequently uploaded articles;
- View supplier specials and technical information;
- Share and request technical, repair and related industry information.
Dirk du Plessis, SADFIA Western Cape Chairman and NEC member shared the following testimony: “I posted on our one morning, looking for a ADE 407N Pump or Core assembly, first on the draw was Henry Chatterton with help then Les Jacobs from Northern Fuel injection. At from J&N Diesel Phoned, saying he can help. Gordon’s Diesel Phoned- Has stock, can help. Chris from LTX phoned, can assist. Steve from Diesel Man phoned, has a pump for sale. Brian Arb Phoned, has an core to sell. The site works, and we can be proud of it!”
Articles posted on the website in recent months include:
- A brand new Sick-, Accident- and Maternity pay fund agreement
- Your copy of the 2015/2016 RMA Employer manual
- Training dates for First Aid and Fire-Fighting
- Your assistance required – complete MERSETA Questionnaire
- All 9 Provinces have the same school calendar in 2016
- Metje + Ziegler opens MAN dealership in Namibia
- Loyal employees breed loyal customers
- Enforcement of CCMA default awards New case law
- Petrol price adjustment December 2015
- The Classic Car Show
- November New Vehicle Sales
- RMA Connect Newsletter, Issue 4, 2015
- US state of Nevada grants Korean manufacturer permission to test autonomous driving
- NOR-SA is the Oil Recycling Industry Association – Rose Newsletter
- Season’s Greetings
Appreciation goes out to Jonty Gluckman of Mafika Engineering, who was instrumental in converting the members’ needs into a tangible benefit. Jonty continuously supports SADFIA and recommends changes. Appreciation also needs to be given to the SADFIA NEC for embracing this member interactive portal concept and to the two main suppliers, Robert Bosch SA and Midas Group, for their confidence that resulted in support to develop the website. In recognition of their financial support the logos of both Robert Bosch SA and Midas Group are displayed on the dashboard of the website alongside the RMI logo.
At present the SADFIA membership comprises 126 active members as per the RMI national database. Interested suppliers and diesel fuel injection establishments can make contact with Louis van Huyssteen, National Sadfia Director, on 051-4303294 or email@example.com.