We are pleased to announce that the RMI will be presenting an online seminar entitled – Operational requirements and incapacity (Retrenchment, ill health, poor work performance)
-When: Wednesday 17 August 2022
-Time: 9h00 – 11h00
-Platform: Microsoft Teams
-Cost: See registration form below
-Presenter: Brent Barichievy
Some of the topics of discussion will be:
- Retrenchment – why is it an ‘operational requirement’?
- The correct procedure to follow: redundancy or rationalisation.
- The role of Trade Unions in the retrenchment process.
- When is severance pay not due to a retrenched employee?
- Incapacity due to poor work performance: is it dereliction of duty or gross negligence or poor work performance?
- Incapacity due to ill health – the doctor’s opinion and the employer’s expectations.
You are invited to secure your attendance by completing the registration form below. A certificate of attendance will be provided to each delegate.
Please find the banking details and registration form below.
We look forward to seeing you there.