We are pleased to announce that the RMI will be presenting an online seminar entitled – Unfair discrimination: types of harassment in the workplace
-When: Wednesday, 22 February 2023
-Time: 09h30 – 12h30
-Platform: Microsoft Teams
-Cost: See registration form below
-Presenter: Marie Ellis
Some of the topics of discussion will be:
- Protections provided by the Employment Equity Act (EEA), in particular those relating to harassment in the workplace
- Interpretation and application of “harassment” as per the EEA
- Preventing and eliminating harassment in the workplace (Code of Good Practice)
- Zero Tolerance approach
2. UNFAIR DISCRIMINATION CASES INVOLVING SEXUAL HARASSMENT IN THE
- Failure to apply the Code of Good Practice on the Handling of Sexual Harassment cases in the Workplace (2005)
- Failure to correctly apply the law regarding single witnesses and similar fact evidence in sexual harassment cases
- Basic Policy — But employees must be aware of it
- Harassment is a subjective topic — It depends on what the recipient feels and not what others think about it (“the powerful and the weak”)
- Is it a criminal offence too?
- Meaning of Arbitrary Grounds
4. TYPES OF HARASSMENT
- Psychological harassment
- Verbal harassment
- Physical harassment
- And other types of harassment
You are invited to secure your attendance by completing the registration form below. A certificate of attendance will be provided to each delegate.
Please find the banking details and registration form below.
We look forward to seeing you there.