We are pleased to announce that the RMI will be presenting an online seminar entitled –
Unfair Labour Practices and Employment Equity
-When: 9 February 2022
-Time: 09h00 – 12h00
-Platform: Microsoft Teams
-Cost: See registration form below
-Presenter: Johanita Olivier
Some of the topics of discussion will be:
- Am I liable to defend a discrimination claim if an employee makes a joke to a colleague that has a racist or sexual implication?
- Can an employee make a claim of an Unfair Labour Practice against me for disciplinary warnings and suspensions that I have imposed?
- If I extend the employee’s probation period, can that also be regarded as an Unfair Labour Practice?
- Can the compensation that I must pay to my employee who wins a case of Unfair Labour Practice against me, be as high as 12 months’ remuneration?
- Are my methods of recruiting staff in line with current legislation?
- Is my business required to have an Affirmative Action policy?
- Can the compensation that I must pay to my employee who wins a case of discriminatory dismissal against me be as high as 24 months’ remuneration?
You are invited to secure your attendance by completing the registration form below. The training material will be distributed to the delegates electronically. A certificate of attendance will be provided to each delegate.
Please find the banking details and registration form below.
We look forward to seeing you there.