Retail Motor Industry Organisation

Mail Us

Customer Support

Find an

Accredited Member


AVIS Announces Coach Charter Aquisition

Avis Rent a Car has announced the acquisition of the Avis Coach Charter operation as a corporate business, effective from October 2011. The coach charter company started as a licensee operation in 2008. Avis Southern Africa Chief Executive, Keith Rankin, says “Avis Rent a Car now owns 75 per cent of the company, with former licensee Nobbie Marais owning the remaining 25 per cent.”
Marais, who has 28 years of experience in the business, will remain on board as general manager of Avis Coach Charter. Rankin says with the Coach Charter operation being a strategic part of Avis’ Total Transport Solution, the car rental company decided to purchase a shareholding in the organisation with a view to facilitating growth and taking service delivery to a new level.
“Avis wishes all its new brand ambassadors all the best as they embark on this exciting new journey,” concluded Rankin.