Belonging to the RMI makes business sense. Below a few reminders.
Legacy and unity
• We’ve been representing the retail motor industry for more than 110 years.
• With more than 8,000-member businesses, our unity is our strength.
RMI represents the industry at:
• Centralised wage negotiations.
• Various MIBCO and Industry-related Boards and committee structures.
• Various South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) committees and working groups.
• The National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS), defending our industry when compulsory specifications and standards are compromised.
• The Moto Health Care Fund, Industry Provident Funds and the Sick, Accident and Maternity Pay Fund.
• Meetings hosted by reputable organisations recognised by government, big business, consumers and relevant stakeholders like Business Unity SA (BUSA).
Supports your business
• Professional industrial relations advice ensuring procedural and substantive fairness when disciplining staff.
• Chairing of disciplinary hearings and AUTOMATIC entry at the CCMA, DRC and Labour Court.
• Exceptional CPA support at the National Consumer Commission (NCC) and the Motor Industry Ombudsman of South Africa (MIOSA).
• Facilitation of a business-to-business complaint where both parties are RMI members, with a complaint resolution rate in excess of 95%.
• Training needs and representation via merSETA and W&RSETA.
• Industry-specific products like RMI4BEE, RMI4LAW, RMI4OHS and RMI4SURE.
Keeps you in the know
• Industry labour relations seminars.
• Automobil magazine and weekly web letters.
• Commenting on industry topics in the media, and participating in and hosting numerous conventions and shows.