Further to our Newsflash dated 17 September 2020 regarding the COVID-19 TERS Benefit Scheme.
Please be advised that the Department of Employment & Labour set the following closing dates for COVID-19 TERS benefit claims:
– Applications for the periods’ March, April, and May 2020 shall close on 25 September 2020 and no applications for that period shall be accepted beyond that date;
– Applications for June 2020 shall close on 15 October 2020 and no applications for that period shall be accepted beyond that date; and
– Applications for the periods July 2020 and 1-15 September 2020 shall close on 30 October 2020 and no applications for that period shall be accepted beyond that date.
The Department of Employment and Labour made a further declaration that the opening date for Applications for COVID-19 TERS benefits opening for the period 16 August 2020 to 15 September 2020 would be 1 October 2020.
The Department also advised that payments of the COVID-19 TERS Benefits are set to resume as follows:
– There will be a payment run Monday and Tuesday night 21 and 22 September 2020 to address all outstanding payments for April, May, and June 2020; and
– There will be nightly payment runs from 23 to 26 September 2020 to deal with payments for 1 July to 15 August 2020.
You are reminded that there are three ways for RMI members to make applications on behalf of their employees:
1. The Motor Industries Staff Association (MISA) will assist RMI members with their applications. The RMI again encourages members to make use of this facility. Please refer to the attached MISA-TERS Guide for the advantages of this method and for the process to be followed.
2. MIBCO has also offered to assist industry members. Please refer to the MIBCO-TERS Guide for more information.
3. Members who prefer to apply to the fund directly should visit the site https://uifecc.labour.gov.za/covid19/ or call 0800 030 007.