We are pleased to announce that the RMI will be presenting an online seminar entitled – Unfair labour practices and employment equity
-When: 28 July 2022
-Time: 10:00 – 13:00
-Platform: Microsoft Teams
-Cost: See registration form below
-Presenter: Johanita Olivier
Some of the topics of discussion will be:
- Am I liable to defend a discrimination claim, if an employee makes a joke to a colleague that has a racist or sexual implication?
- Can an employee make a claim of an unfair labour practice against me for disciplinary warnings and suspensions that I have imposed?
- If I extend the employee’s probation period, can that also be regarded as an unfair labour practice?
- Can the compensation that I must pay to my employee who wins a case of unfair labour practice against me, be as high as 12 months’ remuneration?
- Are my methods of recruiting staff in line with current legislation?
- Is my business required to have an affirmative action policy?
- Can the compensation that I must pay to my employee who wins a case of discriminatory dismissal against me, be as high as 24 months’ remuneration?
You are invited to secure your attendance by completing the registration form below. A certificate of attendance will be provided to each delegate.
Please find the banking details and registration form below.
We look forward to seeing you there.